In the silicone industry, the raw material types of silicone products have occupied a variety of types, and they are distributed in different functions and functions. Silicone oil is one of the many uses in many industries, and its role mainly takes the softness and smoothness of the products. To provide different products with good temperature resistance, defoaming, carrier, lubrication, toughness, etc., in addition to occupying important materials in silicone products, it also has a slight role in other industries!
1. What is dimethicone?
201 methyl silicone oil is a novel silicone synthetic material. The appearance is a colorless and transparent oily liquid. Its chemical composition is a linear polymethylsiloxane with the structural formula:
Due to the stability of the silicon-oxygen bond and the hydrophobicity of the methyl group, as well as the structural characteristics of the methylsiloxane complex, the methyl silicone oil has good heat resistance. Flashing, non-volatile, low viscosity coefficient, large compressive force, small surface tension, chemical, electrical (insulation), water and moisture resistance, non-toxic to organisms (including humans). In order to form a methyl silicone oil on the surface of other objects or to form a rubbery solid material, it may be cured by heating at a high temperature (250-300 ° C) or by adding a suitable catalyst (generally a peroxide). Methyl silicone oil is used at temperatures ranging from 50 to 180 °C.
Methyl silicone oils with different viscosities have different physicochemical properties and characteristic parameters. The product is divided into a variety of grades such as 201-10, 201-50, 201-100, 201-350, 201-500, 201-800, 201-1000. Other special viscosity specifications of organic silica gel products can also be made according to user requirements.
2, the scope of application
1. Insulating medium that is resistant to temperature, arc, corrosion and moisture in the electrical and electronic industries.
2. Excellent heat carrier in chemical, pharmaceutical, food and other industrial sectors.
3. As a high-efficiency defoamer in synthetic resin, oil processing, food manufacturing, fermentation, paper making and other processes.
4. Used in precision machinery and instruments for shock, damping, lubrication, and force transmission.
5. As a high temperature release agent in the molding and processing of plastic products and silicone rubber products, as well as in food production.
6, as a surface treatment agent on glass, ceramics, metal, leather, fabric, silk and cement products to achieve enhanced, drainage and corrosion, mildew, smooth and other effects.
7. It is used as an additive in paints, greases, cosmetics and other works to improve the performance of leveling and smoothness.
8. There are many uses in medical treatment, such as surgery, wound dressing, injection treatment, blood storage and oral medicine.
3. Technical indicators
4, need to pay attention
1. Methyl silicone oil has a certain destructive effect when it is heated, and it is in contact with acid or alkali. Methyl silicone oil is in contact with air at above 200 °C, and it can be oxidized to precipitate corrosive formaldehyde and other low-boiling substances. Methyl silicone oil Although it does not spontaneously ignite at normal temperature, it reaches the burning point (450 ° C - 500 ° C) or contact causes combustion, which makes the space diffuse a lot of cotton-like texture silica (can be crushed with sand or wet sack when it is on fire) .
2. If the methyl silicone oil is well packaged and stored, it can be degraded for a long time (the storage period is tentatively set for 5 years. If it is overdue, it can be re-examined. If no deterioration is found, it can be renamed).