Performance of organic silicone
Silica gel is divided into two categories: organic silica gel and inorganic silica gel. Both organic silica gel and inorganic silica gel have their own excellent performance. Today I will introduce to you the performance of organic silicone.
1. Good electrical insulation performance, its dielectric loss, voltage resistance, arc resistance, corona resistance, volume resistivity and surface resistivity are among the best in insulating materials
2. The electrical performance is little affected by temperature and frequency. Therefore, they are a stable electrical insulation material and are widely used in the electronics and electrical industries.
3. In addition to excellent heat resistance, it also has excellent water repellency, which is a guarantee of high reliability when electrical equipment is used under wet conditions.
4. Has excellent physiological inertia. They are very resistant to biological aging, have no rejection reaction with animal bodies, and have good anticoagulant properties.
5. Low surface tension and low surface energy. The main chain of silicone is very flexible, and its intermolecular force is much weaker than that of hydrocarbons. Therefore, it has lower viscosity, weaker surface tension, lower surface energy, and stronger film-forming ability than hydrocarbons of the same molecular weight. This low surface tension and low surface energy are the main reasons for its many applications: hydrophobic, defoaming, foam stability, anti-sticking, lubrication, glazing and other excellent properties.
2. Organic silicone is mainly divided into three categories: silicone rubber, silicone resin and silicone oil. Since silicone has these excellent properties, it has a wide range of applications, not only as special materials for aviation, cutting-edge technology, military technology departments, but also for various sectors of the national economy. , Electronic and electrical, textile, automotive, machinery, leather and paper, chemical and light industry, metal and paint, medicine and medical treatment, etc.