The raw material of the silica gel desiccant is a non-toxic, odorless, highly active absorbent material with strong hygroscopic properties. Silica gel is an amorphous substance, and its shape is an irregular transparent sphere. Therefore, it is often used in food, medicine, footwear, textiles, bags and other items to prevent the mold from mildew, moisture and rust.
Don't say you don't know the silicone desiccant! It is included in many products we buy in normal life. The most common is that it is included in the food and footwear that I usually buy. Then you said maybe you know, but to ask you what kind of thing it is, can you prepare to say its concept? Today, the editor will explain the silica gel desiccant, its use, function, and precautions for use. Let's take a look!
Brief introduction of silicone desiccant
Silica gel desiccant is a highly active adsorbent material, usually made by reacting sodium silicate with sulfuric acid, and after a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and acid bubbles. Silica gel is an amorphous material, and its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvents, non-toxic and odorless, chemically stable, and does not react with any substance except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. The chemical composition and physical structure of silica gel determine that it has the characteristics that many other similar materials are difficult to replace. The silica gel desiccant has high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, and high mechanical strength.
Silica gel desiccant is a variety of silica gel packaged in moisture-permeable sachets. The main raw material silica gel is a kind of high-pore structure water-containing silica, non-toxic, tasteless, odorless, chemically stable, with strong hygroscopic properties, is a A highly active adsorbent material. It is usually made by reacting sodium silicate with sulfuric acid and after a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and acid bubbles. Silica gel is an amorphous substance, its shape is transparent irregular sphere, and its chemical formula is mSiO2 · nH2O. Therefore, it is widely used to control the relative humidity of the environment in the storage and transportation of instruments, meters, equipment, leather, luggage, footwear, textiles, food, medicine, etc., to prevent items from being damp, mildew, and rust.
Use of silica gel desiccant
The main purpose of the silica gel desiccant is to prevent the items from being damp, mildew and rust, etc., to save food, medicines, etc. In our daily necessities like instruments, instruments, machinery and equipment, etc., the silica gel desiccant is used. The range of use is very wide, the specific instructions are as follows:
1. Silica gel desiccant can be used to prevent moisture in bottled medicine and food. Keep the content items dry and prevent the growth of various molds.
2. Silica gel desiccant can be used as general packaging desiccant. Such as luggage, clothing, shoes, hats, leather, etc., to prevent the goods from being affected by moisture during storage or transportation to affect the quality of the product.
3. Silica gel desiccant can be conveniently placed in electronic products, instruments, household appliances, mechanical equipment and other products to prevent the goods from affecting the product quality due to moisture.
4. Silica gel desiccant can be placed in the transport container to prevent container rain.
5. The most suitable hygroscopic environment for silica gel desiccant is room temperature (20 ~ 32 ℃) and high temperature (60 ~ 90 ℃). It can reduce the relative humidity of the environment to about 40%, so the application range of desiccant is very wide.